As temperatures warm, it’s easy to forget the damage that harsh winter weather may have caused to your home. With the proper spring home maintenance, you can prevent unwelcome surprises down the road. Here are some tips to help you prepare your home for warmer weather:
- Check the seals around your windows and doors for cracking or hardening caulk to prevent leaks.
- Regularly check and clear debris from your downspouts and gutters to avoid water damage from spring storms.
- Fix cracks in your sidewalk and driveway to create a safer walking and driving area.
- Clean or replace your heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) filters; this will allow them to run more efficiently and save you money.
- Inspect trees for rot or damage and remove any dead or unhealthy trees from your property.
- Check your house for loose outlets, frayed wires or cracked plugs.
- Make sure no outlets or cords are overloaded in your home.
- Inspect and repair your roof from winter damage caused by snow or ice.
- Test every smoke detector in your home and change the batteries.
- Check connecting hoses and pipes on all water appliances (e.g., sinks, washers, dryers and dishwashers) for leaks, cracks or moisture.
For more home maintenance and safety information, contact us today.
Recent Posts You Might Be Interested In:
- Whole Vs. Term Life Insurance
- Enjoying Safe and Healthy Use of Social Media
- Tips for Preventing House Fires
- Fuel-Saving Tips: Unlocking Efficiency and Stretching Your Gas Mileage
- Why You Need a Personal Property Inventory List