When preparing to leave for a vacation, it’s easy to overlook basic home safety precautions. To protect your residence while you’re away and enjoy a worry-free trip, keep in mind the following tips:
· Unplug small appliances and electronic devices.
· Pause newspaper and mail deliveries.
· Lock all windows and doors.
· Arrange to have your lawn mowed while you’re away.
· Have a trusted neighbor or family member keep an eye on your home throughout your trip. Most community police departments will do a drive by check of your home by request.
· Avoid leaving your house key outside your home, even if you think it’s in a safe place.
· Set timers on inside lights and install a motion-activated sensor on outdoor floodlights.
· Consider turning off your home’s water.
· Avoid posting photos of your trip on social media until after you return home.
· Raise the temperature on your thermostat or turn the system off completely. This ensures that you aren’t paying to cool your home while you are away.
Taking the proper precautions before you go on vacation can make all the difference when it comes to preventing damage to your home. However, even when taking the right steps to protect your residence, accidents can still happen. As such, it’s important to ensure you have adequate insurance coverage.
Recent Posts You Might Be Interested In:
- Whole Vs. Term Life Insurance
- Enjoying Safe and Healthy Use of Social Media
- Tips for Preventing House Fires
- Fuel-Saving Tips: Unlocking Efficiency and Stretching Your Gas Mileage
- Why You Need a Personal Property Inventory List